Hey, guys! Welcome back to my weekly personal development update! It’s February already, and the hectic university assignments are finally over! This week I finished one awesome audiobook and went to the gym twice. I also continued watching YouTube videos from various educational channels.
One of my goals this year is to become more confident and outgoing, so Charisma Myth was a logical choice to listen to. Here is a short review.
The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
I found The Charisma Myth by Olivia Cabane to be a great resource for tips and exercises on how to increase your charisma and leave a better impression on others. I really liked that the book gives practical advice instead of talking a lot on nonsense.
A few of the practical tips to increase how charismatic you look are:
- Lower the intonation of your voice at the end of your sentences
- Reduce the frequency and speed of nodding
- Pause for two seconds before you speak
The book also includes exercises to reduce uncertainty, handle negative feelings, broaden your comfort zone etc.
So, all in all, I’d definitely suggest reading The Charisma Myth if you are willing to become more charismatic. I found it very useful.
My rating: 5/5
This week I continued watching educational videos about world politics and other interesting topics. In addition to the channels I mentioned in the last week’s update, here are some new ones I found:
- China Uncensored – China is a close topic to me. This channel talks about the Chinese Communist Party and how it increases its influence in the world.
- Charisma on Command – Continuing this week’s topic of charisma, this channel teaches you how to be more confident and charismatic.
- Today I Found Out – This channel posts a new video 7 days a week, so you can learn something new every day.
And how was your week? Let me know in the comments!
Also, follow me on Twitter and join my mailing list to be posted about new articles and updates to my personal development journey. See you next week! 🙂
You can find the last week’s update here.
Join my Mailing List to Receive Updates